- D&D: Encumbrance Made Easy Redux
- D&D: Slower Healing Variant
- D&D: There's No School Like Old School
- B/X-5 Design Log: Elf Conversion
- D&D 5e compatible rules in the spirit of B/X D&D
- 1st Adventures: Develpoment Log #4 - Dwarfs
- 1st Adventures: Development Log #3 - Halflings
- 1st Adventures: Development Log #2 - Class and Cultures
- 1st Adventures: Development Log #1
So, I've started working on a new OSR system which I'm calling 1st Adventures.
|Feeling nostalgic for these old gals|
Because it's there.
There are dozens of OSR systems out there which might scratch the same itch I currently have, but I'm not interested in pouring over dozens of PDF to find something that's close, but not quite what I want. There may even be one that is exactly what I'm looking for... but it wouldn't be mine, and therein lies the real reason.
I'm looking to flex my game design muscles a bit. Perhaps no one but my table will end up play testing this beast, but I may as well put it out there for others to check out.
My design goals:
- It will be in the spirit of AD&D and the 1980's D&D Basic Sets, but it will not be a retro-clone.
- It will use some modern mechanics from the d20 era (ascending AC, attack bonus, different saving throws, etc).
- It will be rules lite, but will also include some optional mechanics for those that want a little more depth.
- It will be relatively compatible with AD&D and other OSR products (and potentially 5th Edition).