Monday, July 21, 2014

Wayne Reynolds Likes Flair

Ezren: We need to talk about your flair.

We're not in Kansas anymore.
Seoni: Really? I... I have fifteen pieces on. I, also...

Ezren: Well, okay. Fifteen is the minimum, okay?

Seoni: Okay.

Ezren: Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like Damiel, for example, has thirty seven pieces of flair, okay. And a terrific smile.

Seoni: Okay. So you... you want me to wear more?

Ezren: Look. Seoni.

Seoni: Yeah.

Ezren: People can hire adventurers anywhere, okay? They come to the Pathfinder Society for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay? That's what the flair's about. It's about fun.

Seoni: Yeah. Okay. So more then, yeah?

Ezren: Look, we want you to express yourself, okay? Now if you feel that the bare minimum is enough, then okay. But some people choose to wear more and we encourage that, okay? You do want to express yourself, don't you?

Seoni: You know what, Ezren, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Damiel, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?

Ezren: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.

Seoni: Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.

<gives Ezren the finger>


Before today, I never quite figured the root of why Wayne Reynolds artwork bothered me until a conversation I had on Google+.  Wayne does great dynamic action in his illustrations, but he really needs to cut down his flair fetish. (PS -- please don't take this seriously. It's just a silly observation.)

Think your spouse is slow getting ready? Imagine how long it takes theses folks to dress for dinner...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Owlbear musings