Thursday, October 2, 2014

Is bad D&D better than no D&D at all?

So my recent article on D&D Encounters led me to have a G+ conversation with a peer about D&D. There's a joking expression that says there's no such thing as bad sex... That even bad sex is preferable to no sex.

Does this apply to D&D?

This is almost, but not quite, a rhetorical question. In some ways, it may be acceptable for some people to play even in a game that they are not enjoying that much at times, because something is better than nothing.

I used to think that way when I was young and had ample free time, but these days, my time is very constrained and a bad game can leave me feeling like I wasted several hours when I could have been doing something else productive or more entertaining.

In general, I'd rather play D&D than many other forms of entertainment, but life seems too short for bad gaming.

Anyone feel otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Owlbear musings