Saturday, August 15, 2020

BattleTech and Alpha Strike Overview

In this video, I do a brief overview and comparison of BattleTech and Alpha Strike, as well as spend some time looking at miniatures old and new in the introductory box sets. I also note why I think Alpha Strike may be a better introduction for new players into the BattleTech universe. This is meant as a broad introduction to both games for an unfamiliar player. I don't get into the nitty gritty of mechanics and lore (of which there is a lot).

Addendum: There is a BattleTech RPG (BattleTech: A Time of War and the out-of-print MechWarrior RPG) that I was going to note briefly in the video, but forgot. I do not have experience with the RPG. I have only played the miniature skirmish games, so I don't have any particular insight into the RPG.

** LOCUST!  -- I had bugs on the brain and couldn't get past "Cicada".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Owlbear musings